This leaflet can help you deal with the feelings you may have when raising a child apart from the other parent. It also talks about how to support your child during what can be an emotionally difficult time.
Who this leaflet is for
This leaflet is for you if you are a parent:
- separated from the other parent, and responsible for the main day-to-day care of your child, or
- living apart from your child and not the main day-to-day carer.
Guardians, relatives and anyone concerned about a child or family living apart may also find the information in this leaflet useful.
How this leaflet can help you
You can find out about:
- the different emotions you and your child might go through
- how to deal with feelings you may have when raising a child apart from the other parent
- how you can support your child and arrange child maintenance
- practical steps forward and where you can get specialist advice.