This leaflet has lots of useful information on your housing rights and options as a separated parent, including financial help you may be entitled to.
Who this guide is for
This leaflet is for you if you are the parent of a child and you are seperated from the other parent. It will help you if:
- you are responsible for the main day-to day care of your child, or
- you are living apart from your child and you are not the main day-to-day carer.
Guardians, relatives and anyone concerned about a child or family living apart may also find this leaflet useful.
How the leaflet can help you
The leaflet tells you about:
- housing rights and options for parents living apart or seperating
- where you can get extra help if you become homeless
- what help you can get with your housing costs
- where you can get more information and advice.