A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

divorce and my house

  • brum_dude
  • brum_dude's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
26 Feb 08 #15059 by brum_dude
Topic started by brum_dude
i ve been seperated with my wife for over two years..but during seperation we tried to live together. i bought the house during seperation which is on her and for my kids so they stay with me...bought the house for 250,000. The mortgage on the house was 100,000. i dindt pay the mortgage at all neither did she...her brother borrowed money by remortgaing the house, in return he was paying the mortgage.Now i want a divroce so need to know wht rights do i have. I have no way to proove that i was living there..i ve paid all my lif's savings in that house, but made a mistake by putting the house on her name....please can u explain me wht r my rights.

  • Specialdad
  • Specialdad's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Feb 08 #15063 by Specialdad
Reply from Specialdad
Something is not right here?!

Surely you cant be separated and living together at the same time.

How can your bro in law remortgage on your property?

If you have never paid any mortgage payments how can you have any interest except if you paid the deposit which means that your sol will be able to trace the initial funds.

Get a registered interest in the property till the financial settlement is done during the divorce.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.