A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Even an Appeal Court Ruling isn''t enough it seems

  • artychokeuk
  • artychokeuk's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
26 Mar 12 #320159 by artychokeuk
Topic started by artychokeuk
This is essentially an update to my case:

Over 3yrs of legals including an appeal in my favour but still it seems, not enough.

Some interesting aspects:

1. It was our original, family conveyancing law firm who had always acted for me and my businesses that accepted instructions to act when ex-wife petitioned in AR after I divorced her. Dubious conduct by law firm perhaps?

2. I have commenced enforcement action using form D11, intending to self rep''.

3. Now, my own lawyer, (a different firm to 1. who acted up to the appeal,) has offered to try and resolve outstanding matters out of court at no cost. He volunteers that as professionals, he and barrister could be open to criticism for imperfectly drafting the Order.

4. It has been suggested we "hold off" the enforcement action to allow negotiations but I am reluctant. It seems the only means I have to exert any pressure to close this matter.

Comments welcome please. Thanks

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Mar 12 #320482 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
What exactly are you seeking to enforce? Yes, the conduct of the solicitors firm could potentially be criticised - they may well have had access to information about you and your finances which was entirely confidential to you.

  • artychokeuk
  • artychokeuk's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
28 Mar 12 #320504 by artychokeuk
Reply from artychokeuk
My ex-wife''s solicitors hold all funds from house sale etc. (They acted jointly for us in the conveyance because they had dealt with all our conveyancing in the past.)

I have written twice instructing them to distribute funds in accordance with the Appeal Court Judgement. I have been ignored.
Not even a reply to second request.

It seems unprofessional in the least or is it me?

Yes, they have put themselves in an invidious position I think. They have a conflict of interest surely?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.