A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Form E

  • margarita2309
  • margarita2309's Avatar Posted by
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
10 May 12 #329875 by margarita2309
Topic started by margarita2309
Does a form E have to be sworn in front of another solicitor, or can you just sign it as a statement of truth?

My Form E is a sworn document, My x''s is not - does that make a difference, or has this just cost me more money to have it sworn when it appears he has lodged with the court and exchanged with myself his unsworn form E but with a simple signature.


  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 May 12 #329878 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
When the form goes to the court it has to be sworn in front of a commissioner for oaths which can be a solicitor but could also be an authorised member of court staff. The latter does not charge for the service.

If the form is not sworn a judge cannot give any credence to the form. I''m surprised the court has not rejected the form.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.