A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

How to get proceedings kicked out

  • Aquaman
  • Aquaman's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
19 Aug 12 #350446 by Aquaman
Topic started by Aquaman
My ex partner has submitted her form E, in which she hasn''t disclosed a bank account which I believe has a large balance. She is claiming that she is struggling financially, but I have proof that she has made a false statement.
A friend of my ex forwarded me an email that my ex had sent her stating that her and her partner of 4 years have £170k equity to purchase a house after the financial proceedings finish.

How can I get the judge to kick her application into touch?

Or, should I continue to court for the final hearing and let her commit perjury?

How do you think the judge would react to that?


  • happyagain
  • happyagain's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Aug 12 #350459 by happyagain
Reply from happyagain
Once form e is submitted you both have the chance to raise questions about each others statements. This would be your chance to raise th first question, it is my belief that x has a large amount of cash put aside in a separate bank account, please can she provide details of this. Include the email as proof. There might also be transactions from the account she disclosed to the hidden one, you really do have to go through the bank statements with a fine tooth comb. Don''t let your solicitor do this as he is far too busy to spot the things you know are important.

  • Aquaman
  • Aquaman's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
20 Aug 12 #350613 by Aquaman
Reply from Aquaman
Done the questionnaire and my ex still denies having any other accounts and will not disclose her other funds, saying she does not have any money.

So my question is:

If I have written proof that she is being dishonest and intentionally deceiving the court, can I apply to the judge to kick her claim out and find in favour of my proposal, which is very very fair to both parties by the way?

Or should I just wait for the Final hearing and present the evidence under x examination and prove her perjury?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.