A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

ancillary relief court hearings

  • coasttocoast
  • coasttocoast's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
23 Aug 12 #351477 by coasttocoast
Topic started by coasttocoast
Hi can anyone help with the following:
At the time of my separation i sent a letter to my ex stating that i would be contributing to the mortgage on the FMH and to a loan she had.At the time of sending it there were no claim from her for me to pay CSA. It soon became apparent that once my own outgoings were met, along with child support payments that i would not be in a position to continue.
If the stbx sol brings up this letter at the FDR hearing will it have a detrimental effect on me regarding the financial outcome?
Would a judge believe this lettter is relevant in any way?

Thank you

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
23 Aug 12 #351490 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
I don''t think so. That was the situation then. This is the situation now. You can''t be expected to pay everything indefinitely. Mortgage contributions can be seen (even by the CSA) as a form of child support.

Even if you had a signed witnessed agreement to this effect it is unenforceable unless it has been written into a court order.

Best wishes,

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.