A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

ESA and owning a property

  • Six2eyesofblue
  • Six2eyesofblue's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
26 Sep 17 #496489 by Six2eyesofblue
Topic started by Six2eyesofblue
My wife moved out of the FMH four months ago to live with her parents. The house is in her name as it was a council house and she was the tenant. I paid cash for the house and she did not pay a penny towards it.

She is now in receipt of benefits ESA which I don't understand as she is the owner of a property which is not her substantive home. I understand that you can't claim ESA if you own a property other than the one you live in.

We are at Decree Nisi stage now

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11