A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Tax credits and consent order

  • Visselly
  • Visselly's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
19 Oct 17 #497058 by Visselly
Reply from Visselly
Hi Miha,

My understanding is that yes, you do have to declare all of your income(s) regardless of their source.

On the form E, there is a section where you can also declare all of your outgoings (including reasonable amounts for holidays, days out with the children etc)

If there is a gap between your income and outgoings and your ex has the ability to pay it, then it could well be the case that he should give you child maintenance, regardless of you both having them 50:50.

The welfare of the children come first, and it wouldn't be fair on them if they are experience a vastly different standard of living in each of their parents' homes.

  • Miha
  • Miha's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
19 Oct 17 #497063 by Miha
Reply from Miha
Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated. Yes, there is a difference in standards, he can acord holiday every year whereas I cannot and more other things. I was not sure if it is right for me to think I should have some spare income too.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11