A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Help and Advice - Anyone Out There?

  • robssmiling
  • robssmiling's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
30 Apr 09 #112233 by robssmiling
Topic started by robssmiling

Firstly i am a technical ludite so be patient.

Have a beautiful daughte of 6. She has downes syndrom. Sold business in jan 2008. Want to be a Dad more than business/money. Spent £20k. trying for shared parening. (to date unsuccessful) Ex latest acion is to go for a one-off payment? Form requires all assets to be listed, account numbers etc. A C9? form?

Any observations / advise ?

Oh - I am 48 - And have multiple sclerosis ( thankfully fairly mild) - I dont work - back at uni studying child & youth degree. Have no income - crap interest rate but some saving so not eligible for benefits or legal aid.

Have resisted every provocation to 'sling mud'. Ex gets over £2,000 a month in benefits?

Any ideas ( positive please )



  • NellNoRegrets
  • NellNoRegrets's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
30 Apr 09 #112320 by NellNoRegrets
Reply from NellNoRegrets
I have no experience in this but there are others on the boards who do who I am sure will respond.

I just wanted to say keep smiling! Keep the faith.

  • ClimbMountains
  • ClimbMountains's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 May 09 #115541 by ClimbMountains
Reply from ClimbMountains
Hi R

Your post is rather confusing because it seems to mix child issues with money. Your comments about one-off payments, assets, accounts all seem linked to ancillary relief not a child case but you refer to trying to get shared parenting?

Please can you explain and i'm sure people will help

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.