A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

When to Serve the Ex !!help needed!!

  • elisaphilip
  • elisaphilip's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
18 Jun 09 #124933 by elisaphilip
Topic started by elisaphilip
Hi we have received a court date and my partner has to serve his ex but we are unsure of when to do this. The court date is 21st July but we know as soon as we do she will stop contact with his daughter yet again.

Does anyone know how much notice we have to give?

When filling in the C100 we asked to serve with out notice but we have nothing in the forms that have been sent back saying that its ok not to give notice.

This is all so confusing.

  • Butnotnow
  • Butnotnow's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
19 Jun 09 #125302 by Butnotnow
Reply from Butnotnow
Hi, I have my hearing 10th July and as Ex has a Solicitor I sent papers off as soon as I got them back from the court which was beginning of June. If someone has a Solicitor you should always serve the papers to the Solicitor.

Since then Ex has claimed my behaviour with regard to indirect contact has been unacceptable and has stopped all phone contact until it gets decided by the courts. Not a wise move on her part and her Solicitor is not helping by sending threatening letters to me either. If the Ex stops contact with no reason (apart from the usual 'distortions of truth I suffer') I would send a letter to her/Solicitor asap asking to restore contact or provide a reason for stopping it in writing. If it is clear this is a reaction to being served papers then it may not be viewed well by the courts as clearly the motivation behind this is not driven by issues of care of the child(ren) involved.

Personally I decided to send the papers as soon as I got them, used recorded delivery and keep the reciept from the post office as you will need to copy this and fill in the form you were given advising the court you have served the papers. Keep a copy for yourself of the postoffice receipt and filled in court form.

Hope this helps and good luck.

  • D L
  • D L's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
19 Jun 09 #125303 by D L
Reply from D L
I have answerd your question somewhere else.....

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.