A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

getting contact

  • jumpingthroughhoops
  • jumpingthroughhoops's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
04 Jul 09 #128816 by jumpingthroughhoops
Topic started by jumpingthroughhoops
For 2 years I've had weekly contact with my 2 children (ages 4 & 2), for the past year it has been a set routine of 5 days/nights with their mother then 3 days/nights with me (which works around my shift pattern). There have been no problems with this, the kids were happy and I was involved in schooling etc (as opposed to just having leisure time with them). This was all arranged and agreed out of court with no legal involvement. I've just moved house so the kids had their own room each at mine and so I was closer to their school/nursery to reduce travelling time. My ex however has just told me that as of now my contact is to reduce to every other weekend, and as I cannot do this due to work then I have to either not see my kids anymore or quit my job with the probation service which a cannot afford to do. I know the court process is slow and am extremely worried about my established pattern of contact being stopped, my kids will suffer as a result of this as they enjoy having significant involvement from both parents. As things currently stand now, unless I turn up and forceably take my children, I cannot see them till August 8th. My children are used to spending weekly contact with me, a month with no contact would be awfull for them and me. My ex has given no explanation other than repeating "I think it's in the kids best interest". She has recently had another child by a man whom she's refusing all contact and I believe this may have led her to decide she wants all ex's out of her life permanently. She's refusing to let my contact continue while we resolve it in court, is their anything I can do to get her to let me see my children? Initially my only concern is getting our previous arrangement to continue while it goes to court as I believe a court would have no reason to stop weekly contact. Please any help would be appreciated.

Any advice at all would be hugely appreciated. I've been reading about getting emergency ex parte hearings, anyone had experience of these? Am considering trying to get in court Monday morning but have very little idea about how to go about it

  • D L
  • D L's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
07 Jul 09 #129301 by D L
Reply from D L
I think I am right in thinking you went to court on Monday and the matter was listed for directions. You will probably find you will get more responses if you keep all your posts together on one thread :). Good luck.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.