A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Cafcass nightmare

  • Fatherinneed
  • Fatherinneed's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
06 Jul 09 #128990 by Fatherinneed
Topic started by Fatherinneed
Hi there,

I am in a very sticky situation. My wife has recently left me and the children's cafacass guardian has manipulated the court into believing that I am alienating my children from their mother. I have been granted only one hour's supervised contact with them a week charged at £130 per hour. My son who is 14 is constantly harassed by the mother and the guardian. They are now trying to force him to see a psychiatrist who has previously condemned me claiming that I alienated the children from the mother despite the fact that he has never seen or spoken to them!

I need to fight this. Can anybody help me?

  • D L
  • D L's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
07 Jul 09 #129294 by D L
Reply from D L
Hi there, Welcome to Wiki :).

Did your son live with you? How are they claiming you manipulated him? How was this manifest? Why are you paying for your supervised contact? In these cases the devil is in the detail, and you would have to post more fully for us to be able to help you.

  • Fatherinneed
  • Fatherinneed's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
07 Jul 09 #129365 by Fatherinneed
Reply from Fatherinneed
Just cautious about giving out too much information for fear they might get wind of it. Essentially they say I am turning the children against the children by telling them their mother is mad.

The mother took them away when she left me and according to the children she started acting up for want of a better way to put it. The court decided I must have put the idea in their head.

Thanks for taking an interest

I don't know why they are making me pay for the supervised contact.

  • hadjustaboutenough
  • hadjustaboutenough's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
09 Jul 09 #129959 by hadjustaboutenough
Reply from hadjustaboutenough
Who are you pay??
Is that costs to get you there? or csa?
I dont underdstand how you hv to pay, normally as fa as i am aware contact, surestart where supervised contact takes place dont tend to charge
kat x

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.