A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What do I do now? - Respondent's Statement

  • jsstelthjudge
  • jsstelthjudge's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
01 Nov 09 #158862 by jsstelthjudge
Topic started by jsstelthjudge
My ex has applied for residence for our daughter. He has told lies to the Court just to get his case into Court.

I am now representing myself (LIP) in Court. My ex's solicitor E-mailed me his second Statement last week, I think it's called a "Statement of Issues". What do I have to do now?

I have compiled a numbered list (reply statement) with an Appendix outlining my (loads of) evidence to show into Court. I don't want the other side to know what I have until Court. Can someone please advice, what is the next step for me?

Time is of the essence...

  • D L
  • D L's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
01 Nov 09 #158877 by D L
Reply from D L
A Statement of Issues should be a one page summary outlining his case. You are entitled to do the same. In terms of the document you have prepared, that is not necessary at this stage.

The first hearing will be a concilliation/mediation session, where you will sit with a CAFCASS officer to try to agree matters. If they cannot be agreed, the judge will make orders for what evidence is to be filed when, and set the case down for hearing.

  • jsstelthjudge
  • jsstelthjudge's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
01 Nov 09 #158960 by jsstelthjudge
Reply from jsstelthjudge
Thanks for that,

I am attempting to keep the Cafcass Advisor sweet, it is a bit of a rollercoaster ride with her. I have the distinct impression she really holds all the power.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.