A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info


  • hadenough.com
  • hadenough.com's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
13 Nov 09 #161759 by hadenough.com
Topic started by hadenough.com
Hi ,

I have just found out after phoning the court that a date has been set for a direction hearing on 25th nov, does the court have to give me more notice ?
My problem is that i live in Cyprus, i have 3 children all in school over here that i would have to take back to england with me , so they would miss school. Money is tight as ex now only pays £6.50 a week csa so can not afford to fly us back also.
Could anyone give feedback on jurisdiction i have live in Cyprus for 5 months now.
Ex has taken me back to court to enforce order as i stopped phones, as he was making girls cry and calling them rude every call, i took legal advise and he was asked to change content of calls he refused and is now taking to enforce order. I don't have a problem with the calls as long as girls are not upset by them .

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
13 Nov 09 #161777 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Call the court and ask if the judge will consider a telephone/video conference because of the short notice ect,

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.