A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

repercussions for ex court order is ignored?

  • aurigny
  • aurigny's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
01 Feb 10 #181907 by aurigny
Reply from aurigny
It looks like our contact order will be broken by my ex-wife. She refuses to drop the children off for contact as ordered and because I insist she obeys the order she has said she will block all further contact.

We shall see what happens, but I expect to fill in the C79 within a few weeks once she has broken the order twice.

Does anyone know if I can apply for enforcement of the order to any court or does it have to be the issuing court? There is a court nearer to me than the issuing court.

Also I understand that costs can be awarded in these cases - what can I claim for? Court fee, travel & parking, lost holiday time form work?


  • perrypower
  • perrypower's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
01 Feb 10 #181922 by perrypower
Reply from perrypower
It would be a bad idea for her to block contact and go agaisnt the court order once the power of enforcement has been included in the order.

Contrary to what people think, if a mother refuses to comply with a contact order they do get sent to jail. It is a last resort, but the courts will use it.

I am not sure that a change of jurisdiction is a good idea, she might be given a lot of leeway by a new judge.

You can claim all out of pocket costs.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.