A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Cafcass report

  • ROLLERCOASTERRIDE's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
22 Jan 10 #178772 by ROLLERCOASTERRIDE
Hi all :)

well its been some time since i last posted, my situation is that i have two boys aged 12, 13, their father walked out on us in may last year and since then has had no contact with the boys, the reason for the non contact is because the boys refuse to see him, he has done some dreadful things since leaving, domestic abuse of which my eldest son witness, broke into the house and stole lots of things belonging to me, left us with no financial help, the list is endless, anyway he is now taking it through court as he is convinced that it is me that is stopping contact, well i have never stopped contact, i'll admit that i dont think he deserves any after everything he has done, but at the end of the day he is the boys dad and they deserve both parents in their lives, the reason for the post is, we have now had a CAFCASS report done, the result of this is that both our boys have quite bluntly said that they want no contact, the eldest has said in the report that he would like to speak to his dad face to face but only to tell him what he thinks, he has said that after that he doesnt want to see him again, although he wants to get his feelings over to his dad he has said that he doesnt want to go through the prosess of doing it, it was recommended by cafcass that my eldedst and his father meet at a contact center in order to do this, our son is saying that he doesnt want to do it like that and would rather stand in front of a judge and tell his father, he is very angry at the minute and nothing i say will change how he feels, has anyone ever been in this situation? if so what was the outcome at court if not does anyone know what the likely outcome will be? now as for the youngest, he has said in the report that he doesnt want to see his dad and if the judge says he has to then he wont full stop! cafcass have said that they do not feel any need to be involved in our case, so what happens now? i dont understand what cafcass are saying as they have stateted that the boys are angry and dont want contact but they have also said that they think the boys could suffer emotionaly later on in life if they have none, then they go on to say they will have no further involvment? so does that mean they are leaving the decision down to the court? what are the chances that the judge will order them to see their father when they dont want to? if i cant get them to go what happens then? im very worried about all this as i want to support my boys in their decisions but at the same time id like for them to have some contact, but nothing i say will convince them to even speak to him on the phone, sorry for the long post but my court date will be coming up soon and it would be nice to know if anyone else has been in this situation?

roller :)

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Jan 10 #178776 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
I don't know what the court will do but don't assume that just because they are adamant that they don't want to see their dad now, this will be a permanent situation.

Best wishes,

  • ROLLERCOASTERRIDE's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
22 Jan 10 #178778 by ROLLERCOASTERRIDE
Thank you sadie :)

i do hope that once the anger subsides and we know where we will be regarding the home, of which neither of my boys want to leave, then hopfuly the boys will then see their dad or at least speak to him on the phone.

roller x

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.