A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

First hearing Thursday

  • melsywooh
  • melsywooh's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
29 Jan 10 #181023 by melsywooh
Reply from melsywooh
I think the advise you have been given from the others so far is pretty fair and accurate. My ex tried to have a PSO in place when he made his application to court (bearing in mind there was at that time no order of contact in place) he was pretty much laughed out of the court, he tried again after the contact order was in place against his SOL's advice and he was still refused. And as for residence he was told no from the onset. It is highly unlikley the judge will ever order PSO or residency to your ex, you have done everything the judge would expect (research your move & schools)there is no reason that I can see that the judge will even change the original order not alone anything else. You are being more the fair and amicable. The judge won't thank your ex for wasting the court's time when there is not really an issue is there? he is just creating one! You have nothing to worry about. Be polite calm and NON Hostile, address the judge as Sir and look at him and not your ex, unless you need to speak to him at the hearing, and don't intersept during others speaking, I got told of for doing that!, as I tried to defend something, I should of realsied I would of got my turn to respond, but no harm done lol Good Luck

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.