A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info


  • reann
  • reann's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
06 Feb 10 #183398 by reann
Topic started by reann
Hi all and thanks in advance ,recived order to go to court today re contact, from what i can understand from paper work it says that district judge has ordered that me and my stbx attend a CAFCASS hearing, recived the order to day, so was unable to get my sol, i know though one has gone to her to ,my Q is will she be able to have any input, will she be able to attened with me , i have had a realy stressfull time not in a good place at the moment , and to me honest i am realy scared stiff, could any one advise:(

  • rachelcefai
  • rachelcefai's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
07 Feb 10 #183541 by rachelcefai
Reply from rachelcefai
if the hearing is at court with the CAFCASS officer present then yes your solicitor will be able to be present and support you on the day.

they may not be able to come in and sit with you if you have to speak with the cafcass officer alone but not entirely sure on that as we have had social services envolvement not CAFCASS.

hope this helps and try not to worry normally not much happens at the first Directions hearing. the judge probably wants you both to meet with cafcass before you go into the court to see if you can come to an agreement without having to see the judge.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.