A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do I need a Barrister or just a Solicitor?

  • Giraffe
  • Giraffe's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
11 Feb 10 #184592 by Giraffe
Reply from Giraffe
Thanks guys, think I will have to get myself a barrister then.

I have just got home to find a letter advising that the CAFCASS officer who wrote the report is on holiday on the date of the hearing, so I've got a stay of execution whilst a new date is sorted.

What sort of prep work can I do to help the Barrister? I guess the following would help but don't know what else I can offer
- A chronological list of events
- What I actually want
- Points that have arisen from various correspondence that I think are relevant.


  • rachelcefai
  • rachelcefai's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
11 Feb 10 #184600 by rachelcefai
Reply from rachelcefai
its such a waiting game our final hearing got changed three times!

can you get any letters from the childrens school confirming the days that you normally pick them up on to prove you have been active in their life since you moved out?

what you have listed for a barrister sounds good, as much info as you can give them the best and then they can decide what they need to use from it.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.