A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Ex missed second hearing

  • grant72
  • grant72's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
10 Feb 10 #184406 by grant72
Topic started by grant72
I had my first hearing in December but my ex fail to turn up.the judge issued a court oder for her to attend the next hearing.

Just been to court again for the second hearing and she did turn up again.pls help what happens next she has been refusing me to see my daughter for 6 months but its like she is taking piss with court.i have applied for contact order.a
the judge said he will sent an order for her to attend again for the third time with a notice,what does that mean.what happen is she doent turp again.pls help

  • nbm1708
  • nbm1708's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Feb 10 #184414 by nbm1708
Reply from nbm1708
I would imagine that it will be a warning advising her that should she fail to appear again she will be considered in contempt of court and suitable punishment be looked at by the court.

She's done herself no favours wasting the courts and everyones time as you can only delay the inevitable so long. She's also helping your case by proving to the court how obstructive she is.


  • eyes on horizon
  • eyes on horizon's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Feb 10 #184509 by eyes on horizon
Reply from eyes on horizon
In addition, if there are no welfare issues the court MAY make an order in her absence.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.