A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Now representing myself. Need some advice please

  • Uriel
  • Uriel's Avatar
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
10 Mar 10 #191319 by Uriel
Reply from Uriel
Hi again.

Have you tried any sort of application for legal aid? As you are a respondent to a case, you could be eligible (I don't know your earnings, of course. If you have assets etc, you may not be eligible, but it is worth finding out if you haven't already).

Have you all the paperwork from your solicitors? You have said you have dis-instructed them, but they must be able to give you some indication of where you are up to and what you need to do next. Even if you pay them one last time to walk you through what you need to do, step by step, then it might just be money well spent to ensure you get it right.

I don't know what happens at a review hearing. I hope that another forum member can pick up the thread here and advise. The contact proceedings I have been involved in thus far have been quite cut and dried. They are by no means simple nor pleasant, but they only involved CAFCASS once, and there has been no review hearing. It has gone straight to a final hearing, as the issues are not complex.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.