A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

section 91 (14)

  • ILoveTiffany
  • ILoveTiffany's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
08 Mar 10 #190797 by ILoveTiffany
Topic started by ILoveTiffany
have just had this outcome today in court.

what is it? solicitor said it will all be in a letter which he will send on within 2 weeks.
in meantime,any info please?

is it common?

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 Mar 10 #190821 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
The jist of such an order is to prevent an application to vary or discharge an existing order without first seeking leave of the court. This implements a test where a court would consider the validity of a proposed application before allowing it to proceed.

The orders are not common as it adds an extra layer to proceedings which could be seen to obstruct justice but the order is usually made where one or more parties makes vexatious application to the court which causes unnecessary harm (such as subjecting a child to further CAFCASS involvement when a final order has recently been made).

The order can be implemented with conditions and is specific to the case. Your solicitor will advise on the details.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.