A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

How do I restart an adjourned case

  • Wise Wilki
  • Wise Wilki's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
10 Mar 10 #191297 by Wise Wilki
Topic started by Wise Wilki
My ex and I have been going through the courts concerning me getting contact to my son.
I won't go into all the gory details but the last hearing was 8th April last year with the case being adjourned until 31st April this year with the provision to bring it back at any time.

I now want to bring the case back before the deadline but as I am self repping, I don't know where to start.

Any advise?

  • zonked
  • zonked's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Mar 10 #191300 by zonked
Reply from zonked
This is just my layman's opinion.

Write a letter to the Clerk of the court.

Refer to the order made by Judge x on whatever date. State the Judge's expressed wish that parties be free to bring the matter back to court should circumstances require it.

Explain very briefly what has happened.

Ask that the case be re-listed for a further Directions hearing as soon as possible.

Fax it to the court and see if the clerk will accept it. Sometimes they can be picky and insist on a C2 form being completed but I don’t think that would be necessary.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.