A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Contact Order (respondent) - C7 query

  • escaped
  • escaped's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
16 Mar 10 #192272 by escaped
Topic started by escaped
Hi all

I have today received papers from my ex re contact order.

C100 - his summary of application
C6 - Notice to parties
C6(A) - Notice to Non-Parties
C7 - Acknowledgement

Can anyone advise about C6A - it says in note 1 that 'You do not have a right to take part in the proceedings at present', and if i want to take part then I have to apply to court on Form C2 - yes I do want to take part because I have reasons for stopping contact, and am opposing the application. Does this mean I have to obtain a court order also to stop him seeing our daughter?

Also, C7 Acknowledgement - I am opposing the application because I have concerns about his behaviour towards our daughter, aged 4. He hasn't enclosed a form C1A about domestic abuse etc because he's the abuser in denial, but as respondent I need to include this form. Does this mean he'll see what I put and then he'll know what i've said?

So confused....

  • Gershie
  • Gershie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Mar 10 #192339 by Gershie
Reply from Gershie

If you have received both a C6 and a C6A then this maybe an error on the part of the person serving the papers. Who gets a C6 or C6A depends on where you are named on the application.

C6 will tell you that you are an involved party and that should be enough.

However, if the ex has a solicitor then phone and check with them otherwise ring the court and tell them you have been served with both and you want to know your position.

Hope that helps


  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Mar 10 #192364 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
As the mother of the child concerned you will be a party, so it is likely that the C6a has been sent in error - Check on the C100 - assuming that your name appears on the front (As Respondent, in the Summary) and at Paragraph 7, youare definitely a party. If your name appears at paragraph 8 (others to whom notice is to be given) this would suggest tht youare not a party.

If you wish to rasie issues of domestic abuse or otehr behvaiour then yes, you should fill in a C1A and yes, he will see this - if the issues are ones which you feel are relevant to the issues before the court abotu contact or residence then he has to know what youare saying in order for him to be able to respond to them

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.