A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Please advise !

  • Rosieapple
  • Rosieapple's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
08 May 10 #202974 by Rosieapple
Topic started by Rosieapple
My X has admitted Domestic Violence without the trauma of a Finding of Fact Hearing
He wanted Residency but now will stop that application and will continue with contact which will increase after he has attended Court Ordered 'Anger Management' courses
As he has been on these before I am worried that it just wont really make any difference
Is their any other form of help that the courts could advise on?
Am due back in Court Friday to discuss this
At great expense of course!
Why cant this just be discussed via Sols?
Any advice gladly recieved

  • ladylou
  • ladylou's Avatar
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
08 May 10 #202978 by ladylou
Reply from ladylou
I was in Court last week in what sounds like a similar situation.
As my Solicitor, Cafcass 9.5 Guardian and the children's Solicitor said, no Court Order can successfully change a person's character. They can only seek to offer guidance and limit the damage to the children, acknowledging the trauma that can arise through removing a parent from a child's life.
My ex denies all abuse and refused to attend any Court ordered "therapies", parenting/perpetrator programmes.
The last thought was a Family Assistance Order, but that also depended on the ex's agreement - could be a thought for you?
Good luck and hope this helps.

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 May 10 #202997 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
Perpetrator programmes are supposed to be better than anger management for domestic violence as anger management can just teach people to rein in their anger and move to other ways of being abusive. A good perpetrator programme aims to get people to understand and accept that they have been abusive and try to change themselves at a much deeper level. So you could try and get that required.

Best wishes,

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.