A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Court date changed

  • AnnoyedMummy
  • AnnoyedMummy's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 May 10 #206159 by AnnoyedMummy
Topic started by AnnoyedMummy
Me and my ex were due in court on Tuesday, but it was re-arranged for July as CAFCASS hadn't done a report yet.
Our previous agreement with the court ended on the 15th May for the contact sessions. Seeing as the court date was changed, do we now just continue with alternate weekends as we were doing before? Or not? I'm not really sure! I'm guessing we just carry on as we were before untill the next court day?

  • TBagpuss
  • TBagpuss's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 Jun 10 #207023 by TBagpuss
Reply from TBagpuss
it would be sensible to carry on as before.

Obviously there is nothing to stop you agreeing a variation / additional contact.

It you can't, then it would be possible to ask the court to put it in for a short appointment asap to extend or change the curent arrangments pending the Cafcass report but if you already have a pattern in place it would make sense to continue woth that.

I would also suggest that you look now at whether the new hearing date is after the school holidays start, and if so, think about holiday arrangments as well

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.