A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

C1A form...do I need to obtain a new one?

  • Knight of Ni
  • Knight of Ni's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
10 Sep 12 #354937 by Knight of Ni
Topic started by Knight of Ni
Following a contact going in my my favour, my ex had now decided to take me to court and has served notice of a court hearing C100. I have also received a C1A form with allegations of me behaving poorly at handovers. I oppose this so do I need to complete the C1A form she provided which has her details on but with gaps for perhaps me to reply...or do I need to obtain the same form and complete completely in my name?
Many thanks

  • u6c00
  • u6c00's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Sep 12 #354948 by u6c00
Reply from u6c00
Ordinarily when the other party files an application with a C1A attached it would go to court and the court would return it to the applicant along with a Notice of Proceedings (if the application is accepted) and a questionnaire.

The applicant then serves the respondent with the applications, notice of proceedings and questionnaire. There should be a question about whether you want to respond and another question about whether you are enclosing your own C1A form.

When I received mine I wrote that I did not accept the contents of the applicant''s C1A form and would respond by way of statement at a later point.

  • Knight of Ni
  • Knight of Ni's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
10 Sep 12 #354952 by Knight of Ni
Reply from Knight of Ni
Thanks for this. I have received one C1A form along with her C100 form. The C1A form is completed in her name. On the last page titled "Response to allegations of harm" there is a section where it appears i could give comments. Whats confusing though is straight under are boxes to sign under "Statement of truth" where her solicitor has input their name. I guess i can complete the boxes in response to her allegations but should i sign the statement of truth being that her solicitor has their name in "name of solicitors firm"? Page 7 also has a statement of truth signed by her and her solicitor.
Thanks again

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.