A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

C1a form

  • santarem
  • santarem's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
28 Mar 15 #458805 by santarem
Topic started by santarem
Hi. My stbxh has applied for court order for child contact arrangements. As as the acknowledgement form I am thinking of filing a C1a form (domestic abuse) at this stage , i.e. before the first hearing. Does anyone know whether
a) I should file the form now or just wait to first hearing first (its a supplemental form)
b) if there is a time limit to filing the form for court? (its 14days for the acknowledgement)
c) I''ve filled in section 2 but not sure what they mean in section 4 about other concerns. Is that more examples like section 2 or do they mean something else?

would really apreciate your help. Thank everybody in advance.

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
30 Mar 15 #458893 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday

Section 4 is for other concerns not detailed in section 2 - which asks for details of domestic abuse/violence. So, if for example, you are concerned about your child''s speech development due to the alleged abuse, or other developmental/behaviour/safety/well-being(ie the other parent doesn''t use the appropriate car-seat) issues that you believe are as a result (directly or indirectly) of the abuse detailed in section 2.

You should submit the completed C1a along with your C7 (Response to an application under the Children Act 1989)

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.