A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Changes to Court Order - Advice Please

  • tk1
  • tk1's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
21 Sep 15 #467021 by tk1
Topic started by tk1
We have a current court order that allows contact with my daughter however I want more time with her, its currently really 1 day a fortnight.
I have a few health issues and the consultant has said that my health may deteriorate over the next few years.
I have tried to speak to my ex and also been to mediation without success.
If I take it back to court for the court order to be modified does the procedure follow the same route as the initial court order. i.e we had three visits in total to court (including the final hearing)
Thanks in advance for any advice

  • MrsMathsisfun
  • MrsMathsisfun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
22 Sep 15 #467032 by MrsMathsisfun
Reply from MrsMathsisfun
When was the original contact order drawn up.

I think you apply for a variation, not sure if it the same procedure as the original order

  • tk1
  • tk1's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
22 Sep 15 #467039 by tk1
Reply from tk1
thanks MrsM, the court order was drawn up in January this year and I understand that it was done recently however my medical condition has got worse and so I think due to this my circumstances have changed.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.