A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info


  • TheoThomas
  • TheoThomas's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
25 Sep 15 #467211 by TheoThomas
Topic started by TheoThomas

I am new to this to family and this is my first post but back to the reason I''m here. I will try and keep this as simple as possible, but not sure how its possible but here we go...

I was seeing a lady on a sexual level, she fell pregnant, then she was sentenced to prison on fraudulent charges in May this year. She has had the child and not been in contacted with me since May this. I have not heard a word or received any phone call from her at all. All the information I have regarding her, is information I went and found out myself through making phone calls and on the internet. She did not tell me she was sentenced to prison and the last time we were in communication was in May where she said she would call me in 2-3 days which has turned into 4 months.

I recently lost my job so I am unemployed, legal aid only covers me if I''ve been domestically violent (which I have not been), or as long as social services are involved (which Im not sure).
I have started to fill out the C100 form and grabbed a C63 Form (not sure if I should apply for C63 first and the C100, or just completely leave C63 and just apply for C100).

I have evidence of texts from her saying she would not allow me communication with the child when the child is born, that I''m a dead beat dad, she also said she would not allow me to be on the birth certificate and some other stuff (all during stages of the pregnancy) which I have documented along with a lot of other information.

But not to bore you anymore, I think I have made a choice to go at it alone, the solicitor fees are way too much for me right now, and everyday seems like a year to me.

Please advice please, and thoughts and ideas... What is my case looking like. I would like to apply for PR, Specific Issue Order to be on the Birth Certificate and Shared Residency 60/40 (as there is only 7days in the week)

Thank you :(

  • .Charles
  • .Charles's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
25 Sep 15 #467223 by .Charles
Reply from .Charles
If you are not on the birth certificate and the mother does not recognise you as the father you will have to establish paternity with a DNA test. You will have to pay for this and you most likely need an order from the court.

The CAB should be able to assist you but be prepared for a lengthy process as these things take time.


  • TheoThomas
  • TheoThomas's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
25 Sep 15 #467233 by TheoThomas
Reply from TheoThomas
Thanks for the Response @.Charles. Which forms would you advice I fill out, I have evidence of her saying I am the father via text messages. Would this matter??

And what kind of lengths are we talking about??

Thanks again

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.