A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Can I ask CAFCASS to do further work

  • wuzzbuzz
  • wuzzbuzz's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
14 Mar 16 #475525 by wuzzbuzz
Topic started by wuzzbuzz
Hi All

CAFCASS were involved in my case about a year ago, they saw ma and my children briefly, did a S7 report, thier report concluded that contact between my 2 boys and thier father should be "carefully managed".

He was instructed to do 4 months indirect contact (which he failed to do).

He was directed again to do 4 months indirect contact (this time he did), followed by 6 months in a ''supported'' contact centre. (12 sessions fortnightly.)

This has now ended and my case is to be reviewed in a few weeks but my CAFCASS officer is off sick.

My solicitor has always said that he will end up with contact because there are worse cases/they usually go with CAFCASS decisions.

I cant really afford further legal representation, i was going to discuss with cafcass a way my children could see thier dad in a manageable/gradual way (if it was inevitable this was going to happen anyway!)

I have since learned that the childrens dad has since beat up his new girlfriend, i think the police are aware but dont think his partner took it further.

Am i within my rights to get cafcass to do another report, i.e. contact the relevant bodies to see if any further information has come to light??? thanks

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.