A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Form C1A and adult children

  • ignatz
  • ignatz's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
09 May 16 #477934 by ignatz
Topic started by ignatz
Does this form apply to adult children?

Form C1A Allegations of harm and domestic violence
"You are completing this form because there are allegations that the child(ren) listed in this form may have suffered or be at risk of suffering domestic abuse, violence/abuse."

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
09 May 16 #477935 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
Children refers to those whoa re under the age of 18, or in some circumstances to an adult "child" who has limited capacity/severe learning difficulties.

C1A is used as a supplemental form as part of a child application.

  • ignatz
  • ignatz's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
10 May 16 #477994 by ignatz
Reply from ignatz
Thank you, Ruby.

I have been somewhat confused by my solicitors and the court papers referring to my daughters as children despite the fact that they are both now over 18 although the younger daughter is still in college education. I imagine that as adults they must now fend for themselves and are no longer covered by Child Protection legislation.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.