A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Child Maintenance

  • jollyjenny
  • jollyjenny's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
20 Aug 12 #350855 by jollyjenny
Topic started by jollyjenny
My question is i have been divorced since 2001, my ex has custody of my two boys, and i have them every second weekend, three weeks in summer and so on. My ex resides about 45km away from myself so i provide all the transportation, i buy the kids school supplies and pay for extra activities witch some time are in my home town during these i provide all transportation as well. I also pay $740 a month in child support. Please do not get me wrong i do not disagree with supporting my childern but when he makes over 200,000 a year has a quarter sec of land and a big house, and i can''t even afford to have a bed or a bedroom for my boys to sleep in when they are with me, how is that fair?

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.