A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Son now at Uni - what about other child?

  • 2ndlife
  • 2ndlife's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
30 Aug 12 #352884 by 2ndlife
Topic started by 2ndlife
Hi there,

This must have been asked before, but here goes:

I have an 18 year old son, and a 14 year old daughter. The Consent Order agreed during my divorce simply states that maintenance will be paid "in line with CSA guildelines".

My son is about to start 3 year uni course, and I have agreed funding arrangements with my ex for this. Between us we''re going to pay him just over £4K per annum (50% each). I take it that this replaces the CM payment previously made for him to the ex.

My question is, how does the CSA calc work for the remaining child? Before the calc was 20% (for 2 children) of my nett income. Is it now 15% for the 1 younger child, even though I am still "maintaining" the older one at uni?

Is this how i should look at it?


  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
30 Aug 12 #352886 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
If you are paying via CSA and on the CS2 scheme then yes it is 15% for one child.

Your son no longer falls within remit of CSA.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.