A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Who do the kidss live with?

  • tiesys
  • tiesys's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
04 Oct 07 #4328 by tiesys
Topic started by tiesys

Help and advice appreciated please.

My wife of 16 years left me in December 2006 - "it's all your fault" she said. She took my two girls (8,9) with her but said something like this to our son "I am going with the girls, if you come too you will leave your dad on his own - do you want him to be on his own or are you staying with him".
I begged her not to split my children up, but she did. During the early part of 2007 I religously phoned and went to see the girls and my wife, hopefull of a reconcilliation but despite some very nice "encounters" during February, the situation in general got worse.
Then in July I found out she had been having an affair for at least two years. When she found out, she immediatly stopped me having any form of contact with the girls - she reduced her contact with our son to virtually nothing.
I am now having to go to let the courts decide on contact with the girls HOWEVER - a thought has occured.
Rather than ask for defined contact, does anyone know what the likely outcome would be if I went for custody of all three children and for the girls to be moved back in with me so we have a family unit again; as far as I am concerned, there is no benefit for having the children divided like this.
Thanks in advance.

  • Vail
  • Vail's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Oct 07 #4334 by Vail
Reply from Vail

"Contact" is contact for the children with their parents and not the other way round.

You need to get on the govt court website (forget the address) and look at the C forms I think, together with notes and see what's relevant to your situation.

I don't wish to sound cruel but the old family unit has gone and you are being faced with a new family situation.

You're taking it hard and there is no easy fix for that, but perhaps try to see past the immediate negative aspects and explore the possibility of there being something positive that could be made.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.