A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • cheekynesi
  • cheekynesi's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
18 Oct 09 #155314 by cheekynesi
Topic started by cheekynesi
this has caused great upset as my son knows were his dad is,mother inlaw knows ,but they are adament they wont give me, exhusbands adress, so i cant give adress on divorce paper so what am i going to do.

  • elvis_fan
  • elvis_fan's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Oct 09 #155337 by elvis_fan
Reply from elvis_fan
My partner had a divorce petition served at his mother's house. His ex simply stated somewhere on the petition that she didn't know his current whereabouts, but that his mother lived at X address.

Don't know what happens if he then doesn't return the Acknowledgement of Service, but at least it's a start???

Oh the other thing is that if your husband happy with going ahead with a divorce, but just doesn't want to give you his home address, if he appoints legal representation, I think you can give the law firm's address as the address for service.

Of course, you'll want to check all of these suggestions with somebody legal. Hopefully one of the lawyers on here will be able to give you an answer from a legal perspective, rather than just a bit of personal experience...

  • Deedum
  • Deedum's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
18 Oct 09 #155340 by Deedum
Reply from Deedum
Don't think it matters if you cannot give exact address. I did not know my ex's exact address at time of filing for divorce. My solicitor just put "unknown address in ....(town)". Petition went through ok.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.