A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Copy of Decree Absolute

  • pete12
  • pete12's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
14 Jul 11 #278106 by pete12
Topic started by pete12
Dear All,

Firstly, hi, first post, and thank you for your help in advance.

My query is, if I turn up in person at the Principal Registry of the Family Division in Holborn, will they search for my Decree Absolute while I wait.

I am divorced but do not have the case number. I know the court and approximate year.

Once again,

Many thanks,

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
15 Jul 11 #278130 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Rather than just turn up call first with the details you have otherwise they may turn you away or it could be a very long wait.

I would contact the court that granted the Absolute and ask them to send you a copy, many courts will do this free.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11