A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

can I stay in our house

  • wicket
  • wicket's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
06 Mar 08 #16037 by wicket
Topic started by wicket
We may be seperating as my husband has found someone else, we have a child aged 6 years. Can I stay in the marital home with our child, we have a joint mortgage

  • jelly4toes
  • jelly4toes's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
06 Mar 08 #16044 by jelly4toes
Reply from jelly4toes
depends on whether you can afford to take the mortgage payments over he has to pay 15% of net income for child maaintenance for 1 child.If tis a house with a lot of equity and it could be sold and would give you both enough to rehouse each of you that may be a consideration

  • attilladahun
  • attilladahun's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
06 Mar 08 #16051 by attilladahun
Reply from attilladahun
Why shouldn't you...clearly many factors are to be considered but paramount consideration is given to the welfare of a minor child

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.