A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Application to reduce contact

  • witsend66
  • witsend66's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
28 Mar 12 #320437 by witsend66
Topic started by witsend66
My ex has made an application to court to vary our existing court order that was awarded in Sept10, she want to reduce the contact and claims that my daughter is starting to resent the amount of time she spends with me because she doesn''t get to spend as much time with her friends.
Does anyone know what the court are likely to say. My daughter is 10 on her birthday.

For wiki''s who are not aware of the history I travel 700mls return journal every other weekend for maintain contact and have her for 50% of school holidays. I have only ever missed two weekends in 18 months and that was because my daughter was sick one weekend and I was sick the other.

I court application does not state how much my ex wishes to reduce the contact by.

Thanks again for any advise

  • jonathancj
  • jonathancj's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
28 Mar 12 #320472 by jonathancj
Reply from jonathancj
It sounds a pretty thin reason. She''s only ten when all is said and done - she''s not a teenager with all that entails. I''d resist it in your place.

  • witsend66
  • witsend66's Avatar Posted by
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
28 Mar 12 #320478 by witsend66
Reply from witsend66
I find it rich considering my ex has clubs organised every night of the week, mind you she attends these with the same friends that is attens school with each day and apparently doesn''t see enough off.

I know its my ex driving this as she text and phones my daughter during her contact with me saying her friends have passed the window or have come to the door for her. It is having an impact on my daughter and I dont know whether I should give in and stop the torment for my daughters sake.

  • MissTish1
  • MissTish1's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
28 Mar 12 #320502 by MissTish1
Reply from MissTish1
As you are only seeing your daughter every other weekend, then she has plenty of time to see her friends. She''s only 10, and the court is very unlikely to reduce contact on the basis of your ex telling them your child resents spending time with you because she''s missing out on her friends. I think your ex texting her and calling her telling her who has called for her is appalling to be honest, and don''t see any reason for that other than to actively make your daughter feel left out. In my opinion that behaviour is cruel, and something you should definitely bring up with the court!

As an aside, does your daughter have any friends near to where you live?

  • alwayshopeful
  • alwayshopeful's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
29 Mar 12 #320665 by alwayshopeful
Reply from alwayshopeful
Thanks for you confirmation of what I think is common sense but obviously my ex and her lawyer dont share the same view.

As my ex moved the 350mls south all my daughters cousins and old school friends live within 5mls of where I stay and she has lots of contact with them when she is in Scotland.

My ex''s interpretation of the current contact order is much different to mind and she constantly tried to reduce my contact, eg one week is apparently 5days not 7. This is just her latest ploy to reduce contact. I really dont want to have to go back to court again but it looks like thats inevitable now.

Thanks again for your reassurance

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.