A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

withdraw contact order

  • kiy
  • kiy's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
02 May 12 #327927 by kiy
Topic started by kiy
Hi.I wish to withdraw my contact order application and do not have a solicitor to represent me. The court has already issued a contact order for me to see my children and appointed a guardian for children as father (myself) and mother have been accused of each other (despite the fact I have been cleared from mother sexual abuse accusations by social services in the last court hearing; and I actually have accused of her having mental health problems which she has been having counselling services for last 15 years). After seeing my kids for the first time, I have experienced that they both are heavily influenced by their mum and their mind is messed up. She must have said something negative about me so that their behavior have dramatically changed, and they are even very reluctant to talk to me on the phone.So I have decided to withdraw my application for my kids best interest in the long term and would like to wait until they reach a certain age that they want to see me again. The next court hearing is the end of this month. What I would like to do is to send a letter to the court to explain the situation why I am withdrawing my application. Do you have any idea what court would do? And I even do not want to go to next court hearing to see my ex-wife. What should I do?

  • u6c00
  • u6c00's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
02 May 12 #327949 by u6c00
Reply from u6c00
Hi. It sounds like your situation is extremely difficult.

I would urge you to rethink your position though. I think it would be preferable to ask Cafcass if they can provide a family support worker to help facilitate contact.

If their mother has indeed been telling them lies, allowing her several years to harden her position and substitute their reality for her own. None of us can even begin to predict the long term harm to your children''s emotional health and any prospect of a relationship with you in years to come.

Even if she has not been lying, only emphasising your negatives, it is likely that the outcome for the children will be similar.

I would urge you to read the following which relates to withdrawing an application for contact:

and this one (very long!) which relates to false accusations of sexual impropriety:


Whatever you do, I hope things work out for you and your family.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.