A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

ExWife moving away - what can we do?

  • dumpymum
  • dumpymum's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
05 Jun 12 #335171 by dumpymum
Topic started by dumpymum
My husband has a contact order for his daughter, seeing her every Friday for tea one week and then for the whole weekend the next as well as half the holidays.

We have just discovered (via the daughter who is 6) that they are moving to Wales though we don''t know where.

What will happen with respect to the court order? It will be too far away for us to see her every week. Can we request that they don''t move? As part of the order we did agree to them having residence so maybe there is no hope.

Also they refuse to do any of the driving at the moment, if they did move would we be able to get them to do some of the ferrying back and forth, assuming we can still see her during term time.

All so stressful...



  • happyagain
  • happyagain's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
05 Jun 12 #335176 by happyagain
Reply from happyagain
This must be very stressful for you and it was wrong of mum not to inform you herself. Are you certain your step-daughter has got her facts straight?
If yes, you may be able to apply for a prohibited steps order but if mum is moving for work or family reasons, this wold be unlikely to succeed.
What she should be doing, if she is actually moving, is proposing how contact will be maintained.if mum is able to drive then I am sure she can be told by a court to share the driving.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11