A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Can an NEG grant be split

  • mumtoboys
  • mumtoboys's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Jul 12 #345530 by mumtoboys
Reply from mumtoboys
yes it can. But that doesn''t help the situation I described - you will (more than likely) have to pay for weekly attendance regardless of whether or not your child actually attends. Do speak to the nursery or preschool you have in mind and see what they have to say about it - and bear in mind that even in a shared care situation, your ex will also likely be subject to having to pay for weekly attendance at preschool, regardless of whether or not the child actually attends.

  • sexysadie
  • sexysadie's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Jul 12 #345548 by sexysadie
Reply from sexysadie
I think you also have to think about what this means for the child. It''s quite difficult to be at nursery for only part of the week. The other children often prefer to play with those who are going to be there every day, and if you are in two nurseries you have to learn two routines and remember which one you are involved in. While I sympathise with your situation I don''t think this is really fair on your son.

If I were your ex I would also object strongly to your insisting I paid for a full week at nursery for only three days'' attendance.

best wishes,

  • u6c00
  • u6c00's Avatar Posted by
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Jul 12 #345550 by u6c00
Reply from u6c00
Thank you for your opinions.

He has actually spent significant parts of his life attending 2 separate nurseries (for the simple fact that neither nursery could completely cater for the hours that were required alone.

I am not suggesting that anyone is paying for this, least of all my ex. The NEG grant pays for 15 hours of nursery education for a child in the year in which they turn 4. Those hours can be used in any number of ways, from 3 hours per day to 2 full 7.5 hour days. It''s up to the parents.

That education can be split between 2 different establishments. It can be in a private nursery, school nursery or a combination.

I would not be insisting that she pay for days when he is not in attendance if he was only registered at a nursery near her for 3 days, and near me for 2 days.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.