A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Visitation headache

  • Chained
  • Chained's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
27 Jul 12 #345768 by Chained
Reply from Chained
I do not know you or your ex husband or the situation you are in. I am sorry that the children are being brought into this and bad things are being told to them about their parent.

Now, as far as where the children are and who is taking care of them during his parenting time, there is nothing you can do about it and frankly, being cared by grandparents is a very positive thing. I know mine love spending time with grandma and grandpa (I think it''s because of the extra chocolate and ice-cream ;-)).

Now as to him lying about it, maybe he wants to avoid a confrontation with you, who knows? Again, you cannot tell him what to do or not to do whether he has his children or not.

We have 50-50 and we both work full time and it is a given we will rely on others to care for our son when needed. No harm in that. Just let him be her father and relax. If there are no safety issues involved then you have nothing to fear.

As for the threats, I would not let it get to me and act normal. There are a lot of ifs to start considering if you want to scare yourself.

The only thing I would really put my efforts into is that the badmouthing stops. Maybe mediation would help in this, someone to explain that badmouthing the other parent is NEVER to the child''s best interest.

Best, C.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.