A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Help - what to do now

  • mazda90
  • mazda90's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
31 Jul 12 #346499 by mazda90
Topic started by mazda90
I''m hoping some1 can help me. I have a 7 yr old daughter with my ex partner (never married) we split 14 months ago. I rent a 2 bed flat, my daughter lives 60% of the time with me. My ex rents a 3 bed house which she shares with two older boys from previous marriage. All amicable regarding our daughters well being. custody wasn''t even talked about between my ex and myself. all was working out fine with a very happy little girl until 10/7/2012 when 2 policemen turned up with my ex and took my daughter serving me with an emergency residence order - she accused me of abducting my child even though I had taken her to school and her routine wasn''t altered. My ex was supposed to be picking her up that evening as usual but she went to court instead!! she claims to be primary carer? and is now refusing me to see our child and has no intention of changing her mind until the court hearing on 22/8. I have written to the court to bring hearing forward without success. what can I do - please help,I''m at my wits end and my daughter doesn''t understand why she cant see daddy

  • zonked
  • zonked's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
31 Jul 12 #346516 by zonked
Reply from zonked
Am sorry you find yourself in these circumstances.

I guess the interim residence order was made ex parte and the hearing in august is to decide if that order needs to be kept in place.

My feeling is that you need to apply for a shared residence order and ask that your application be appended to the 22 august hearing. In effect, you would be saying that residence ought to be shared between the parents, reflecting the past history, and that parenting times need to be defined by the court.

  • ClimbMountains
  • ClimbMountains's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
11 Aug 12 #348825 by ClimbMountains
Reply from ClimbMountains
This is a complicated situation and it all depends on the details. You need to remain very clear, focused and ultra polite. If your ex has mislead the court and abused the system they could be in trouble and it could count against them.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.