A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info


  • kotum45
  • kotum45's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
13 Aug 12 #349196 by kotum45
Topic started by kotum45
If a CAFCASS is report recommends a specialist assesment by a therapist as they are not qualified and if they recommended a therapist who is not available to file his report before the court date, should I adjourn the hearing?

  • u6c00
  • u6c00's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
13 Aug 12 #349211 by u6c00
Reply from u6c00
You could write to the court asking for the hearing to be adjourned because the evidence will not be available for that hearing. Send a copy to the other party too, who may agree or disagree.

The court will then decide on whether the hearing will go ahead or not.

Their decision will probably depend on whether there are other issues which may be dealt with without having that evidence, and whether allowing proceedings to be delayed will benefit the child (it usually doesn''t!).

Hope that helps, it''s a bit difficult to give specific advice without more knowledge of the case.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.