A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Childrens addresses changed at Doctors without kno

  • m77
  • m77's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
17 Aug 12 #350138 by m77
Reply from m77
Hopefully the school should have them registered at my house considering I was the one who was left to register them for school placements.

  • DrDaddy
  • DrDaddy's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Aug 12 #350159 by DrDaddy
Reply from DrDaddy
It is the drip-drip-drip of prejudice.
Oh yes, it''s 50-50 care. Except it''s not. You are always a second-class parent if you are a father.

You could simply re-register them with s different GP, of course. I''m not seriously suggesting that - it would be sinking to her level. But you could.

  • soulruler
  • soulruler's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
17 Aug 12 #350174 by soulruler
Reply from soulruler
the counter statute to Data Protection Act is the Freedom of Information Act.

Bit of a wind up but you could ask the surgery whether they are implying that they are withholding information about your children to you because they believe you to be an abusive parent who is likely to be violent if they believe their children or another party has reported them.

My ex tried to have me sectioned and when I found out was horrified to find out that under the Data Protection Act I was unable to get access to my own medical record to prove that it was him who had made the false allegation against me.

In the end (he refused to give permission for me to access my own medical record - pretty damning admission really as why would he refuse if he hadn''t tried to section me?) but Social Services got the record when I have proven that I was not a risk to my ex (phscyos often attack the person who reports them) but was the victim of abuse myself.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.