A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info


  • Janine7
  • Janine7's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
12 Sep 12 #355483 by Janine7
Topic started by Janine7
My husband and I have been separated since 2008 divorced now for over a year. We agreed contact between ourselves which is ex has the kids every tues and thurs and overnight every other mon and sat. This was working fine. The kids are 12 10 and 6.
Ex has now decided he wants the kids for a full week every other week and has told them that this is starting next week and he won''t be returning them to me on tues evening as he usually does.
This may well be a threat as he has previously issued lots of threats but not carried them out. My question is if he does carry it out am I within my rights to go to a solicitor to gain aresidency order?
When ex has the kids he cuts me off totally not communicating with me at all about their well being so I know that him having a full week every other week will not work.
Many thanks

  • DrDaddy
  • DrDaddy's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Sep 12 #355488 by DrDaddy
Reply from DrDaddy
I doubt he will do this, really, and if he does it won''t work out well for him. Really you should probably speak to a solicitor, but the short answer is "yes".

...but remember, you have no "rights" to do anything. You have only responsibilities. It is only your children who have rights.

  • khan72
  • khan72's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
12 Sep 12 #355529 by khan72
Reply from khan72
Please, both of go on a Parenting Information Programme. Please talk to one another. Do not go through court... its messy, expensive. It will entrench you and make you both polarised. Anything but court.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.