A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

contact, not primary carer

  • Bobbinalong
  • Bobbinalong's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
26 Sep 12 #357941 by Bobbinalong
Reply from Bobbinalong
I think she sees this as less time for her, it probably doesnt suit her life and what she has set up, so you have to think, what is the incentive for her to agree to this change? nothing, she is losing out.
Only route maybe court, or other option is as your daughter is 11, does she understand? at that age its borderline but she can have as much influence as anyone?
In court her wishes would be listened too I am sure.
Does she understand your new job and the situation?
Your ex is having her daughter for an extra weekend it changes the routine over a year, she may not want that because of what she does with new partner?

  • bacchus40
  • bacchus40's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
26 Sep 12 #358025 by bacchus40
Reply from bacchus40
thanks for all this help and advice, think I will explore mediation and take it from there.
I am sure it doesnt have to be this difficult!

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.