A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Return after contact

  • jslgb
  • jslgb's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
03 Oct 12 #359139 by jslgb
Reply from jslgb
I think whilst i agree with happyagain that it should be down to both parents, each set of circumstances are different and whats important in this case is that the OP''s ex is clearly defying the court order!

Perhaps people may not agree to the terms of the court order but this is what has been decided and written into the order and therefore both parents should adhere to it. If the NRP disregards this aspect of the order and gets away with it, who is to say he wont disregard the rest of the order in future and pose bigger problems?

If the new partner is ill, why is it not possible for the NRP to bring both children with him whilst he does the handovers? Needs must when you have children!!

OP as this is a one off i would perhaps tell him your not happy about it and you hope it doesnt happen again. If it does i suggest you politely tell him if he cannot stick to the terms of the court order you wont be able to either as your son needs to be returned in good time to prepare for school the next day.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.